Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAL GW 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I'm sure someone has done this. I deployed the ADS(SAL GW only) 3.0 ova and have it up and running. I do not have many managed elements and was going to move these over from the 2.5 one at a time. Am I able to re-use the same SEID from the old SAL GW? I tried going into grt and choosing SAL GW migration to generate a new SEID and it said that has been decommissioned and sends you to a link on how to move the managed elements. On the new SAL GW GUI there is an option to register it, which then prompts me for my SSO creds. Upon entering those I get a 'Bad Gateway' error page. If I can just re-use the same SEID that would be ideal.

It would appear that SAL GW Migration in GRT is for something else and older, not this upgrade.

Generally, no GRT updates are necessary if you intend to use the same SEID for the SALGW. Presumably you wouldn't need to register it, just enter the same SEID as the 2.5 (presuming same ip/hostname/etc), export your stuff from the old one and import in the new one.

I'm sure it'll be far harder than that :)

Did you follow the playbook?

My preferred method is using the backup/restore from 2.5.x to 3.x

We're getting ready to do this! :) I will post what happens.

40 years in Telecom. New to Avaya! :)Go easy.

I got through it. I shut the old server down, imported the elements into the new and used the same SEID # as the old. Came up fine.

Yes that's my plan to keep the SEID and such the same. Sounds like an easy switch. Hopefully it goes well. Waiting on the server team to get my VM ready.

40 years in Telecom. New to Avaya! :)Go easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back