Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAL 3.0 VM install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillyman

Programmer
Mar 24, 2003
US
Hello All,
Thank you in advance for any answers I may receive.

I'm deploying my server on VM, I get it deployed then I go into the installer directory and unzip the .tar.gz file
I have ADS-Installer-3.0.0.0-458, I then go into the folder and put in this command:
./install.sh -attended
scroll down to accept the license agreement.
I then press 1 for just the SAL.
it then just sits there with a scrolling bar-it keeps going back and forth. I waited for about 20 minutens and it never does anything else.
What am I doing wrong?

2019-05-20_14-47-31_mrnsou.png

Thank you in advance.
Stillyman

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2e2ecfbc-5bb9-4173-92d2-010ed592ce09&file=2019-05-20_14-47-31.png
The installer uses a GUI window for the attended install so you are going to have to set up x11 forwarding if you want to do the install that way. Unattended install is easy to set up so you are probably safer doing it that way.

Also, you might want to use the 3.5 install depending on if you ever plan to use a business partner to receive alarms and remotely access your systems.

Humm It was my understanding that you can console in from vSphere to the machine and run the commands and it would work.
I have never used the x11 before. I tried to do the unattended mode but it seems like it does nothing. I don't even see a log in the /tmp location.
Thank you for your response Wanebo

Avaya has a pretty good manual for the SAL install.
In unattended mode you have to properly configure the ADS_response.properties file to supply the answers for the installation that you would have provided via the GUI in the attended install. The manual at the above link explains how to configure that file pretty well. You can also go find more than a few videos on youtube that can help you understand it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back