Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sagem fast 800 adsl and buffalo broadband router

Status
Not open for further replies.

derwent

Programmer
May 5, 2004
GB
For many years I had an ntl cable modem (I am in the UK) and my buffalo WBR-G54 broadband wireless router st up and had no problems at all.

I have since moved house and cannot receive cable, so I had to sign up with adsl. Can I still use my buffalo with adsl?

I used to use a network cable to go from my modem to router, however my adsl modem only has two plugs on the back, one is for the phone line, the other is to usb. My router does not have a usb slot on the back.

My modem is a sagem fast 800 and router is buffalo WBR-G54. The manual for the router is at
thanks folks

The Sagem modem is designed to plug directly into a USB port on your computer (or via a USB hub), so cannot be used with your DSL router.

The Buffalo DSL router uses a WAN port to accept input from a cable modem. The only way I can see it being utilised is with a modem router like this one for instance:-

This has a single RJ45 Ethernet port out, which could be plugged into one of the four 10/100Mb ports on your Buffalo. Not an ideal way of utilising it, but I expect it would work...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back