Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sage Line 100 on Crystal Reports Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrycork

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2002
GB
After a struggle we are able to run Crystal Reports on Sage Line 100. To avoid the normal 'Table was not found' errors we changed the 'Use DSN Default Properties:' to 'True' in the 'Set Datasource Location' dialogue box in Crystal XI. On doing this reports now run in Crystal XI with no errors.

When trying the same reports in Info View the user is prompted for their Database (Sage) logon credentials when they attempt to run any report. When the correct details are entered they are not accepted and the user is returned to the Database Logon screen to try again. This happens despite the fact that the logon credentials have been saved within the report in the Central Management Console.

I have seen some discussion on the above in various internet posts but no resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

Are you able to preview the reports in the CMC while logged into the server console? If you're using ODBC in your reports, it is necessary to have an identical ODBC driver available on the CRS box.

When I preview the report in CMC (which seems to use the activex viewer) I get the message "The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect"

I have checked the ODBC and it is setup exactly as it is on the PC the report was written on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back