Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sage 300 2018 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

accpacfin

Technical User
Sep 18, 2008
KE
I have upgraded from Sage 300 2014 PU5 to Sage 300 2018 PU1

I can see the Users BUT Security Groups and User Authorization disappeared.

Can i get them back? Coz there are many Users and re-creating them will take days

Where did i go wrong? It's easier to run the upgarde again.

Any Help

You forgot to copy the SITE folder, or you need to do a replication, or you didn't update the SYSTEM database along with the Company database.

Sage 300 Whisperer

i uninstalled 2014 and installed 2018, shared data folder was not touched
then log into the company and activated applications

i ve picked the system database and propagated.
Security groups and User Authorization didn't come over and worse the currencies disappeared completely

Restore everything from backup, you must have missed a step when you upgraded.

Sage 300 Whisperer

another issue is, i had done a custom program using C# SDK. It was running well in version 2014 now it does not open in 2018

I use the C# SDK every day, and have had zero problems with 2018. Maybe your project needs a fresh Interop.AccpacCOMAPI.dll.

Sage 300 Whisperer

where do i get this dll AccpacCOMAPI.dll
i ve searched i cant get it

It's copied automatically to your project folder when you add the Sage COMAPI to your project with "Embed interop types" = true.

Sage 300 Whisperer

This is the error am getting what changed in version 2018?
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'ACCPAC' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) OEInvoice E:\SDK\Dotnet Samples\OEInvoice\OEInvoice\Form2.cs 10 Active

ACCPAC.ADVANTAGE DLL not registering

Sage has to be installed on your development machine, at least WSSETUP if not a full install.

Sage 300 Whisperer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back