Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SafeNet VPN client bogging user login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreddnews

Technical User
Nov 17, 2002
US
This is one that I am totally lost on. We have a SonicWall VPN setup for our remote users. I am setting up a new PC for one of those users. She has a regular user account while I have a domain admin account on our Windows 2000 domain. All the client PCs are 2000 Pro, all the Servers are 2000 Server.

I give the user local admin rights to their box. After installing all updates and software for the PC, I install the SonicWall VPN client which states that it is SafeNet. After installing the software I reboot. When I try to log in as the user, it takes over 4 minutes to log in.

If I log in as myself, it boots right up with no issues. I thought it could be a user rights issue but that didn't make any sense since the user as local admin rights. As soon as I uninstall the SonicWall client. The user can log right in fine.

I tried this setup on multiple computers of the same type: Compaq BusinessPC 315. I tried this exact setup on my Toshiba laptop, but had no issues. I had a similar setup with a Compa1 315 a month ago and had no such issues. What could I possibly be missing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back