Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Safari looses session

Status
Not open for further replies.

toptomato

Programmer
Jul 22, 2005
US
hi,
i have a http handler class that implements:
IHttpHandler, IRequiresSessionState

in the class we are accessing session. Which works fine in IE, however on safari, i am loosing values for all the session variables. Session is not null, however, all the session variables are loosing values. What can that be?

Seems strange. Maybe you should ask in forum608 and see if they know of any issues with Safari.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Hi,
I know that on PHP, there are some issues with sessions, if the browser can not properly maintain the session cookies.

The work-around for php, is to pass the SID (session id) in the querystring. However, this is a huge security risk.

Not sure if the same applies to asp.net, I'm sure others here know more about it than I do.

Olav Alexander Mjelde
Admin & Webmaster

so after some debuggin, it seems that that session info is only missing in firefox and safari browsers regardless of platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back