Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sa not associated with a trusted SQL connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmarch1

MIS
Apr 5, 2001
US
I installed SP3 on SQL 7 and now I can't do anything with the sa password. I installed the SP with the SQL authentication. I run a Novell Network but every workstation connects via ODBC to a database application which uses the sa logon. Now nothing works. The SQL Server Agent and MSSQL services use the Domain Administrator login to start them. I'm stumped. I also added the patch for Microsoft Security Bullentin MS02-020 because one of my Web Servers was infiltrated with the new SQL virus which I believe is the culprit. Because one of my servers running SQL 7 already had SP3 and was fine before hand! Any thoughts?

The message is indicating that the application/program is attempting to login using NT authentication. Which applciation(s) are you running? Which MDAC version is installed on the client? Are the applications using ODBC connections?

Check the Knowledgebase article at

Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back