Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8720 interchange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkbrt

MIS
Apr 4, 2006
US
I am kind of confused about what takes place during an interchange. During an interchange it appears to try to connect to the second ipsi , which is on a different subnet. Here let me show the config:

Ethernet 0 Control Network A
Server1: 10.1.1.61 server 2: 10.1.1.62 Active: 10.1.1.60
Ethernet 3 Control Network B
Server1: 198.152.255.201 server 2: 198.152.255.202 Active: 198.152.255.200

I have 2 IPSI is one of which is 10.1.1.0 subnet and one in the 198.152.255.0 subnet. IPSI duplication is turned on. My first guess at the problem is that the second IPSI is a subnet that can’t be reached. The control networks do not change during an interchange only which becomes primary server, correct? Does an interchange change the ipsis as well?
Thanks for any info.

The interchange does not change the ipsi. But if for some reason this is happening make sure you do ipsi f/w upgrade and reboot the ipsi to make the changes take affect.

Ok I will check into that. How about the my confusion on IPSI ips. Should they be all in the same network subnet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back