Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8700 with MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GStim

Vendor
Nov 25, 2002
US
I am having a problem when I leave a message it will not lamp the message waiting lamp. Both system are brand new being sent up for the first time.

make sure both the mailbox monitor and message waiting indicator server are running on the MM server. You may want to stop and restart the serivces

Next make sure in outlook under options, voicemail tab, telephone user button, assistant tab. Make sure message waiting indicator box is checked, and verify the rule is correct. you can also set this up to light the MWI light when you get an email.

I assume you were using the outlook plugin. I guess if you use the Avaya MSS as your message store, there would still be a similar option for the light?

RTMKCEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

There are a few other things to check for as well. You need to make sure that you have the PBX integration set up per the config notes. You don't say specifically, but I assume you are using QSIG. You are supposed to have a separate MWI trunk group. This needs to have at least one NCA-TSC defined in the signalling group as well. There might also be some config things that need to be checked in the voice mail system configuration of the MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back