Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8700 Time Slippage

Status
Not open for further replies.

john82

Technical User
Mar 24, 2006
US
Does anyone know how to set the time drift ratio via the command line of an S series server? I have access to the command line on my own system and wanted to test the time parameters.

Thanks

john82,

there's no such term as "time drift ratio". s8700 internal clock is not accurate, just like in other computers, so if you want it to be correct you should use ntp time sync.

There is a known issue about this. You need to sync both the servers for 1 hour and 15 mins. This will enable the s8720 to calculate the clock drift and re-adjust itself. I have done this and it works.

mrjedi,
Could you explain how to sync for 1 hour and 15 minutes, please. I have and S8500 with and S8300 LSP, both set to get time using NTP, but still get drift. This is a known issue with Avaya and is supposed to be corrected in software release 3.1.x, but am not ready to upgrade from 2.1 and want to get a more accurate time displayed.

change your system time to be about 10 mins out and then make the entry of your ntp server and see if the time changes and corrects itself. I am not convince your NTP source is stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back