Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8700 SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

techma1

Technical User
Aug 8, 2007
I need to make my S8700 SIP capable. I need help configuring this and I know I need the TN2602 media resource board along with the TN799DP c-lan board. Does anyone with experience know if there's any other actual hardware that I will need to make it work?

You need a SES Server (S8500) combined home/edge

Then you make a connection from S8700 to SES and from SES to SIP-Phone,s or Trunks...

Just call your service provider, he must help you

Greets Peter

For your pbx u need additional license for OPS trunks

big70 (TechnicalUser) 14 Feb 08 18:13
You need a SES Server (S8500) combined home/edge
Then you make a connection from S8700 to SES and from SES to SIP-Phone,s or Trunks...
Just call your service provider, he must help you
Greets Peter

I have an S8500 that we connect Avaya IP Phones and some softphones... I would like to get some SIP phones such as the 3Com 3108 Wireless Phone #3C10408A. How do I check to ensure that SIP Enablement Services is "on" and configured? Also, does anyone know if there is any decent Avaya Docs on setting up SIP connections?

Thanks in advance!
-Dennis

=====================
Remember - YOU ARE UNIQUE!!!... Just like EVERYONE ELSE! ;o)

PBX hardware requirements

S8500/S8700/S8710:
• TN2302/TN2602* IP Media Processor for voice processing (Note:
Should have latest firmware version)
*FOR FAX Support: TN2302 Firmware 111 minimum /
TN2602AP Firmware 24 minimum
• TN799D C-LAN for signaling
S8300:
• PROCR
• MM760/On-board VOIP(G250/G350)
3.1 PBX SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Supported Software:
• Avaya CM 3.1.4, 4.0 (CM4-730.5), 4.01 (CM4-735) and later.

The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat.

Albert Einstein

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back