Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

s8700 IP connect call flow diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcresswell

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
Can anyone tell me where to find documentation concerning the interaction of the components in an s8700 IP connect configuration? I have installed a few s8700's and understand how to program all the components (C-Lan, Med Pro, IPSI, s8700 servers, etc.). I guess what I really want to understand is what happens exactly when someone picks up the phone to make a call, whether it's digital or IP. I have searched support.avaya.com extensively to no avail. Someone please shed some light.

Well, I can give you somewhat of a run down.. When you pickup the Digital Handset, and if you're doing interport dialing. The handset goes off hook, then the IPSI communicates that to the 8700, then it tells the CLAN to build a call path between the PN's, which then tells the medpros to build the voice path.

If its IP phones, the IP phone goes off hook which talks to the CLAN, then is passed to the IPSI which goes to the 8700, and then follow the steps from above for the rest.

Hope that helps somewhat, this is a complete explanation, but gives you a rundown..

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back