Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S'87 Corrupt Index NT, 2000 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleith

Programmer
Sep 27, 2002
Hi,

I have a legacy Clipper app that has been running fine at client (bank) on W95/98 machines on NW 5.1 server. The recently upgraded the 3 pcs to NT4 and W2000. All 3 pcs get Internal Error 19 after entering about 4 records. This program runs fine on my NT4 box and at another client with NT/XP pcs.

I know 19 is corrupt index. I have scores of programs runnning the whole gamut of os's. Any ideas what could be in their configurations. I have checked file handles and they are set high enough. Have also included 'clipper=e000;f41' in the environment.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charles

Decompile this application and rebuild it with clipper 5.2e with which you can choose other indexes such as dbfcdx.

Rob.

This sounds like an opportunistic file locking error. This is a trick NT uses to make it's file and print services a little faster.

Cut and paste the following into a file called woplocks.reg
and run it on the workstations
Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Parameters]
"EnableOplockForceClose"=dword:00000001
"EnableOplocks"=dword:00000000
"UseOpportunisticLocking"=dword:00000000

Cut and paste the following into a file called soplocks.reg
and run it on the server
Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters]
"EnableOplockForceClose"=dword:00000001
"EnableOplocks"=dword:00000000

That will disable it in most cases.

Regards