Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8500 LSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki

Technical User
Aug 16, 2007
SG
My S8500 LSP is running CM5.1.2, it is currently running as of the moment. It can accept translation and can register properly. It can also see the reference gateway on the serial number.

Issue:

When i hit "save trans all" on the main server, my LSP can accept translation but its NOT updating the dadmin account login. I can still use the "dadmin" account that I've created on S8500 when i first install it on the web interface and telnet session but when i hit sat on the CLI, it prompts me with a "new pin".

I saw an article here in tek tips, some said "check the dadmin account if enable on the customer option" i tried verifying what she said, and yes, she was correct, my dadmin account was unchecked.

Now i generated the new license for this module ONLY, not generating the other modules. So i only have 1 .lic and .pwd file on my arsenal the version of this license file was changed also. I loaded both files, and restarted the CM software via CLI through "stop/start -a" command.

When i try logging in via SAT, its not prompting me with a "new pin" instead it prompts me with "pin" funny because i can still use the login/password that i have created on the S8500.

Question is:

I'm not so sure if i have to update the license file of the main server as well.

It is not uncommon to see issues with the RFA license regarding the dadmin login. If the LSP shows "n" for the following, it will create this problem for you.

check page 3 of display system-parameter customer-options
Enable 'dadmin' Login? y

this must be "y" in the main / LSP / ESS servers.

The pin is set in the main and saved to the xln files and thus file sync'ed to the LSP / ESS servers.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

I'm sure the main is set to "y" and including the ESS and other LSP.

Since i just enabled the "dadmin" account (and it also updated the version of the license), im just asking if i have to update the Main server license file aswell since i only generated the new license file for this S8500 LSP that i installed.

You need to login to the LSP, then to SAT on the LSP.

check page 3 of display system-parameter customer-options
Enable 'dadmin' Login? y

this must be "y" in the main / LSP / ESS servers.

If you LSP RFA license does not have dadmin enabled, you will see "n" and you will not be able to use "dadmin" login on the LSP until you correct the LSP's RFA license.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

the dadmin was put to "y".

The dadmin login had already taken effect, it just need some time to update the pwd file.

Thanks.

These files sync from the main to the standby and ESS / LSP servers
/etc/passwd will store the login data
/etc/shadow will store the password data
/etc/opt/defty/xln1 stores translations and dadmin / craft2 pins
/etc/opt/defty/xln2 stores translations and dadmin / craft2 pins
/etc/opt/ecs/asgfile or /etc/asg/asgfile stores secret keys

bsh

Sync meaning, duplicated on the ESS or LSP?

sync meaning synchronized.
logins, passwords, secret keys, user-profiles, webProfiles are all administered from the main.
part of the file sync is what synchronizes the same data that is administered in the main active to the main standby and all ESS and all LSP servers.

example.
change a password for a login in the LSP / ESS and that login and password will for for that LSP / ESS until the next file sync from the main. The next file sync from the main to the LSP / ESS will update the passwords and secret keys to match the main active server.

bsh

You didnt mention what software version you main svr is running.

I'm running CM5.1.2 on all platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back