Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8500 and MM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2004
US
HI, has anyone had this issue?, I would appreciate any help you can give me. I have an Avaya S8500 with a Modular Messaging system, Trunk Group 1 is type CO (analog lines) LoopStart, and is home to the company's main business numbers. and my problem is as follows,
everytime a call comes in its handled by the auto attendand (MM) and some of them get transfered (according to callers choices) and what is happening from time to time is that when the caller hangs up before choosing an option, the conection will remain in place betwen the CO trunk and the MM trunk, and this will happen untill ALL the trunks in the group are glued to a trunk in the MM, at that point anyone calling the business number will get an "all circuits are busy, please try later" message, at that point all I can do is busy out and release the trunk group but that only frees the system up to start again. we ugraded from a G3siV6 in mid November and I have spent all this time clearing out the trunk group manually every morning since then.

tanks in advance. and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

If it worked before, and now it doesn't, and everything else is the same, then have the installer/avaya fix it. If they say it is a trunk LEC problem, tell them to remove the new system and give your money back.
In general, loop start trunks are not desireable, but maybe U already know that, and maybe that it all that is available to U. Signaling on loop start trunks can cause many problems, and most systems are primarily designed to work with ground start or ds1.
Avaya is reducing their testing of new systems to the minimum and they probably just didn't test with loop start trunks. Avaya now expects you to do their beta testing, then they will go through and do a patch to fix it. That is probably what has happened.

Thanks Orypecos!, have they merged with microsoft and noone told me?, their behaviour is exactly as you described, I have been emailing both avaya and the installer trying to get them to fix the issue, and the one response I got last week was that a patch had been aplied and that hopefully that would fix the issue, and to add insult to injury, the CO trunk board is the exact same one from my old system.
then It dawned on me that I am registered in one of the best tools for getting answers (BIG plug:) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back