Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S8400 Remote Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeledataInAZ

Technical User
Oct 12, 2006
US
I have aquired a new customer that has a variety of S8400 and Prologix systems. The Prologix I can dial in remotely and configure without issue. I have been able to set up a dial up network connection and gain access to the S8400 server, but when I go to open the configuration manager it wants a certificate of authorization? Is this something that the customer must supply? Can I obtain one? On another note some of the prologix systems will not allow me to add a 2410 station type. Or any 24 series station for that matter. Can I install this set as a different type of set and still program the speed dial buttons of the new station? I am not certified on the system so I am new to programming on them. Thanks in advance for any information at all.

Prologics is a hardware platform that supports up to 3 CMC
Compact Modular Cabinets per system. These are single carriers that make up a 3 carrier Port Network.
Definity / CM software that is supported on these prologics
systems varies from g3v6 all the way up to g3v13.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back