Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S1T00Timeout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRCharlie

Programmer
Jan 10, 2016
CA
I have a VB.net application with 9 forms. They all pull Data from multiple Pervasive Databases on the Same Server using PCC V10.
I'm Using the ODBC.
When Retrieving all data from one table I get a time out error.
I should also tell you that all the databases except the one that contains the table causing the error were not created by me, the other DB belong from another application.
The Only difference the tables I created has an indexed Column and the tables from the other DB don't.
This is error I'm receiving.
timedout_gxkoe5.png

Does the table have any indexes? What type of query are you running? Does it have any restrictions (WHERE clauses)?
One thing you can try is to change the Command and Connection Timeout options. The default is 30 seconds. Changing the option to 0 will disable it and let the query run to completion regardless of how long it takes.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Thanks Mirtheil for your reply.
Yes it has one column index, and yes it has many restrictions.
Can the timeout be altered with code if it can how can I do it.

here is the query I'm using
SELECT log.OE,log.Link,log.userini,log.process_Value,log.process,log.Log_Date,Log_time,live.ORDD_Description,
SOH.CUST_PO_NO ,wb.Mask as Lot,log.department,w.ORDfrmServ,w.reqdaterev
FROM PcLog.PROcess_LOG AS Log,CWLIVE.SALES_ORDER_DETAIL AS Live,CwLiveWB.ORDE_WB_MASK AS WB,cwlivewb.ORDE_WB_Main AS w,
CWLIVE.Sales_Order_Header AS SOH
WHERE Live.BV_GUID=log.Link AND wb.Field_Name='Lot' and wb.ORD_ORDER_NO=Log.OE AND w.ord_Order_NO=log.OE AND SOH.Number=LOG.OE
ORDER BY Department

What field is the index on? Ideally you would at least have an index on the Live.BV_GUID and log.Link fields.

How long does the query take using Pervasive Control Center executing into "Text"?

The connection and command timeouts are properties of the Connection and Command objects you are using in code (PsqlConnection / PsqlCommand, OdbcConnection / OdbcCommand, etc).

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

The only table that has Indexes is the Log table and it isn't in the query.
Regarding the time it takes for PCC to execute the query into text I will reply tomorrow when I try.

PCC takes 2min to exe the query into text.
The application Times Out at 31sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back