Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S-Video to my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamstorch

Technical User
Jun 16, 2000
US
I just got a Compaq Armada laptop and need information on getting the video out to my TV. My TV accepts coax in addition to a video and audio (combined left and right)input. My laptop outputs s-video in addition to composite video. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly apprecaited!

Adam [sig][/sig]

I think we would need more infoemation, did you check your Manual, or contact Compaq, or look at their website. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

The drivers for my video card has settings that let me toggle between composite and S-video. You might look there. Mine are in the display properties under settings and advanced. When I check the box for enable output for TV it asks for the type of connection. I select S-video and it works. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back