Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S-Video:Pc to TV and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOSHA

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
Hello everyone!

I have problem to get colour picture whet connecting PC with TV and vece-versa.
I have Leadtek GF4 MyVivo card. The output on card is 9-pin, but I have received their Vivo cable;one side is 9-pin, and other side is divided into IN and OUT conections with S-video(4-pin) and Composite connector. TV standard is PAL.
I can not get colour picture with s-video?! Any idea?!
Thanks in advance!

From manufacturer's website:
TV-out:

1.) The maximum TV-out resolution is 800x600, you may need to lower the display resolution down to 800x600 to activate the TV-out control. (depend on the driver version and model)
2.) A simple way to check the TV-out hardware is to set the display resolution to 800x600, shut down the system, disconnect the monitor, connector the TV set to the TV-out. Boot up the system. This will force the display switches to TV-out, if the TV-out function is working as it should, you will see display on the TV screen.
3.) NT 4.0 user, the above method will allow you to force TV-out enable in NT 4.0
4.) A few models of the WinFast graphics cards only come with S-video TV-out, if your TV only can take RCA signal, you will need to use a S-video to RCA converter cable. These cables are commonly available in your local electronic stores. We also tested the cable offer from and it works nicely. DO NOT use the S-video to RCA cable from your old graphics cards, a lot of time these cables are specially designed. It may not work.
5.) If you got a Black & White picture on the TV screen, make sure you have selected the correct TV-out method (S-video or RCA) and format (NTSC or PAL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back