Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S-video out to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronate

Technical User
Jul 7, 2002
SG
Hi,

I have a nividia G-force video card with a s-video out to TV. A cable is provided by them to connect the s-video to TV (via RCA connector).

It worked, but the image is not good. I see 2 bands of diagonal distortion in the picture (very slight, rather like poor reception). Tried to tweak the TV-out propeties in the video card's TV-out setting but not much help.

Output it to a 100Hz TV and 50Hz tv, same effect. I have also selected the right PAL in the TV out setting. I really want to try surfing the net in a 34" TV..:)

Please help and thanks.

Sam

You're not going to be able to get a good picture even with a super-clean s-video connection, the resolution is just pretty low. TV-out is just not meant for full-time use, maybe when they start shipping high-def capable video cards it'll improve, but for now it's not all that fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back