Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

S/PDIF PCI bracket with JAS1 lead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

basepointdesignz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to find out of there is a product available and where to get one from..

What i want is a PCI bracket with S/PDIF out and on the inside a JAS1 or JSA1 whatever it is, so i can connect my DVD-DRIVE's audio to this and from the external connector, run a lead into my external studio soundcard..

I have seen them, but for MSI motherboards but canoot for the life of me find somewhere to get one from - even MSI don't list it, or at least i can't find it..

The internal lead needs to be long enough to reach my dvd-drive - the msi one looks too short, abviously attaching to the motherboard digital sound but as i have an external soundcard and the drivers for it cancel out the onboard sound of my motherboard, i cannot have this lead running from the MB, or can I?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Paul
basepointdesignzltd..
XP Pro..
Pentium Core 2 Q6600 Quad Core
ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard
4GB DDR2 RAM
2 x SLI NVIDIA 8500GT SLi 1024MB DDR2 PCI-Express Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search