Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rz doesn't seem to work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesseb

MIS
Jun 3, 2002
US
I'm uploading a file to a unix system through rz. when I run rz from a script it dosen't want to work.... any suggestions ???<br>
<br>
thanks for you help<br>
Jesse

Jesse, what is IZ I have never heard of it? Have you tried using FTP to do the job?

RZ (lower case) is a unix flavor for receive zmodem. I have further narowed it down to just the binary functions when it comes to the end of line marke( I think that it is the control line feed commands, although not sure)

I don't know anything about rz - but you could try checking whether it needs to be run from a specific place, or whether it needs an environment variable setting, or whether it needs to be run in a non-interactive mode, or whether it needs to be told it's in a script.<br>
<br>
Also, are you checking where the output is going? Do you need to properly redirect stderr as well as stdout?

I have found out that if I send files with 'rz' that do not contain cariage returns it will transfer just fine. However if it contains cariage returns it will fail.

Have you considered using C-Kermit? My experience with C-Kermit has always been positive, and I believe I've really only scratched the surface of it's capabilities.

Hi, from which system ur uploading the file to unix system. It is working fine with two unix systems. Give full details. Before executing "rz", u should set cu environment to unix machine.

host system is unix and client system is windows based. Have scripts that upload new information for database updates and what not. works on some windows boxes but, not all. go figure... and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back