Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RVSD on CO Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2000
CA
When I check the status on one of my trunk cards (LD32), one of the port's status appears as:

01 = UNIT 01 = IDLE (RVSD) (TRK)(CO GRD )

What does the RVSD mean? (ok, so I'm new at this ;)

Thanks In Advance,
Dean G>

The polarity on the CO line is switched. Re-terminate the CO line flipping the cross connect wire.

RVSD means that the polarity is reversed (usually happens on copper ground start trunks). Just reverse the jumper on that trunk T.N.

Turns out that just disabling and re-enabling the TN resets the RVSD status. This RVSD status is happening about once every two weeks with mulitiple of my copper lines, could it be related to the fact that a large construction is going up near our facility, and they are digging up and rebuilding the local lightspan IDF? For a period of a couple of days, we were experiencing random static on our incoming DID lines as well. Of course the local telco says this couldn't possibly be related to the construction :)

Thanks,
Dean G>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back