Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RV082 Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

simoncpage2

Programmer
Feb 21, 2004
I have setup and RV082 with 2 internet connections successfully however I have a couple of queries. (The setup is bog standard BT router with dynamic IP and a D-Link DSL-300T with Static IP.

1. When I have both connections on load balance (which is ideally what I want) there seems to be a number of outgoing logs saying

Connection Refused - Policy violation: THE IP address in here are usually a local one 172.17.36.x and the other being the exchange server IP. I am connecting to the exchange server via RPC /HTTPS. Will a firmware upgrade from 1.1.1 make this work? Any ideas with this?

2. When I do a ping from any of the computer on the network:

ping -t
I get intermittent "Request Time out" - any ideas how I can test what is causing this problem and what is the most likely problem?

3. If I get the router working on load balance so both lines are working should the port forwarding of an internal IP through port 3389 mean that if I enter the Static IP address with RDP it will forward on to that internal IP?

Thanks
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back