Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime viewer export goes straight to Save report dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danster

Technical User
May 14, 2003
AU
Been a looooong time since I've posted here!

I am a user & vendor of a ERP/financial application.
The developers use Crystal runtimes as the reporting engine, so any hardcopy output is done via Crystal. Just about all reports display as print preview first, inside a CR Viewer window.
A new version with new CR runtimes has just been released. When a user clicks the Export Report button on the print preview toolbar, the Save File as type dialog pops up (window title says Export Report).

Older versions of the ERP/financial displayed a Export dialog which gave an option of Format and Destination.

Q1. Has the default export functionality changed such that the old Format & destination dialog is no longer available?

Q2. Is it possible to get that dialog back?

Fortunately, I have a relationship established with the developers such that I am able to provide suggestions, so if they've implemented certain VB .Net coding which can be changed to display the Format & Destination, then I can pass it on to them.

Cheers

Danster

The runtime allows the "developers" to do whatever you need in that respect. So simply request the behavior you desire.

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back