Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime problem in exe while using vfpencryption71.fll library got from SweetPotato cite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sng1

Programmer
Aug 3, 2021
IN
I have used above mentioned library and place library in the same folder where exe is placed. But as soon as "Set Library to ..." is called , it gives error - "API Library is not found" . Even by adding library to project , same error occurs. MSVCR71.dll and MSVCP71.dll is distributed with exe.

The error points out that the FLL is not found. I trust your setup to put all files into the application folder, but if you set default to another folder SET LIBRARY will not find the FLL in the application folder or you use several FLLs and didn't use ADDITIVVE, then once you use a function of the FLL that wasn't set last has already become unknown.

Also check the exact situation of that installation, whether FLL or DLL files were put in quarantine.

Chriss

Just curious, when did you download the FLL from the SweetPotato site? Craig removed the download link a long time ago.

Also, why does everyone put msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll in the application folder? Why not put them in SysWOW64? That way, it makes no difference which folder an dependent FLL resides. Or am I missing something?

Hello,

there are 2 versions , the one with 71 is for vfp9.
It does not need other dlls then vfp , if the vfp program works, it should work, too.
Maybe you did a "mix" of vfp version / fll ?

And I agree, the dlls maybe better in system32 or syswow
(We prefer vfpx runtime installer installer to make a pc vfp9 ready, for example see
There were issues on downloading ion foxite, the links are at the end of first paragraphp, no underline, but move mouse over them and click, save dialog appears on my pc.
Others did not get it, maybe a country filter due to encryption technology (VPN may help) ?

Regards
tom

vernspace,

you still didn't realize the error "API Library is not found" isn't pointing out missing the runtime DLL(s) but the FLL. If the msvcp71.dll is missing you get error 1691 - Library file ...vfpencryption71.fll is invalid.

Chriss

I was using vfpencryption71 - the one with 71 is for vfp9 and the same was giving error . I replaced vfpencryption71.fll with vfpencryption.fll and pasted vfpencryption.fll in the default folder and it worked. I thought vfpencryption71.fll will work without any additional runtime but actually it was reversed. Anyway thanks for Tomk , Chris and vernpace for helping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back