Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime Java and installation of OpenOffice

Status
Not open for further replies.

khcole

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2003
US
I am new to OpenOffice. When I installed the software on a Windows 2000 PC, I received an error message that it could not find a usable version of Runtime Java. Therefore, Java and Javascript were not supported. I assume this is a Microsoft problem with their Java not being compatible. What do I do? Where can I find one? Do I really need to install one?

Thanks in advance.

actually probably not a problem with ms compatibility...
I first got this message installing staroffice a year ago (whatever the last free version was) on a red hat system. Recently I downloaded the newest Open Office version (1.02?) and did a upgraded what I had on RH 8.0. Got the same message - ignored it. I haven't found a need for it yet but that doesn't mean you won't. For example, to connect to a database you can use odbc, or java's jdbc (which some people prefer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back