Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime Creation Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrenfree

Programmer
Apr 14, 2006
US
I am using FileMaker Pro Advanced 8.5v2 on a Windows XP machine. I have created a file that behaves fine during testing. Then, using 'Developer Utilities', I create a runtime project. When I double-click the EXE file, Windows informs me that the EXE "has encountered a problem and needs to close."

The Project folder is empty when I create the solution. I choose 'Create Runtime solution application(s)' and put in "ClientIntakeSolution" for the 'Runtime Name' and set the 'Delay' to 2 seconds.

Those are the only changes I make.

I also choose to create an Error Log which is always empty between the 'Log Started' and 'Ending Log' lines.

The USR file has a generic icon and it is identified as a "FileMaker Pro 7 Runtime Database."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker.

Any ideas?

Thank You for your help,

Nancy

it might be a conflict with its name that may be conflicting with another *.dll file. i wish i could give you more information on that but i cant seem to find my documentation that could clarify that for you. i
ll hit you back when i find that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back