Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime access.. back up data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvijayk

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
GB
Hi

My Access runtime application is a very heavy file( 160MB).The database file itself is only 10% of the file.Could someone advise me the way I could install a back up and restore procedure for the users from the Switchboard they can hold just the data in a floppy or a couple and restore in case of problem.I see large application offering this feature but can't figure out how to do it in my application.

Cheers

nvk

Go to this webpage:
Click on resources>downloads. Look down the page for backup form. Download it. This will probably meet your needs. Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Dear Robert
Very useful advise indeed!!The backup works fine.
Is there a way I can restore the stored data from a command in the form with overwrite facility. That utility I downloaded does not seem to have this facility.
Incidentally, the site you suggested have many more useful things of interest and lots of links. Thought I would share this with our other friends in the forum.

Mant thanks for your help.

Regards

Vijay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back