Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runstate change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trk1616b

MIS
May 25, 2005
US
I've got a video camera hooked up to my computer through a firewire port. I'm trying to play the tape in the camera and encode it on my computer using Windows Media Encoder. I've got everything working, but I cannot capture when it has stopped encoding. I'm using a 'MyEncoer.start' command to start the encoding, but it does not sit there while in encodes....it continues through the rest of the code. I've found some examples, but they're all for VB 6 and not .NET. Below is my code. Anyone know what I need to do in order to capture the runstate change??? Thanks in advance!!

I tried this loop but it doesn't work:
While (Encoder.RunState = WMEncoderLib.WMENC_ENCODER_STATE.WMENC_ENCODER_RUNNING)
System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(2000)
End While

This is the VB 6 sub example, but my code never calls this sub:
Private Sub Encoder_OnStateChange(ByVal enumState As WMEncoderLib.WMENC_ENCODER_STATE)

Select Case enumState
Case WMEncoderLib.WMENC_ENCODER_STATE.WMENC_ENCODER_RUNNING Labeltest.Text = "Running"
Case WMEncoderLib.WMENC_ENCODER_STATE.WMENC_ENCODER_STOPPED
Labeltest.Text = "Stopped"
End Select

End sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back