Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RUNRMTCMD - AS/400 to AIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

perezmray

MIS
Feb 19, 2016
US
Hello,

Trying to use the RUNRMTCMD on iSeries (7.1) to process two commands on an AIX (7.1): one that changes the directory and the other to process a '.ksh' file. I know that the iSeries version 6.1+ has SSH and the PASE environment but I have a specific use for RUNRMTCMD in our test environment. I think my issue is coming from the actual CMD parameters as I am getting a 'CD: not found.' response on QSYSPRT and if the problem were credentials (RMTUSER/RMTPWD) or host I would have seen something like can't connect to host.

Here is what I have included in the CMD:

CMD ('cd /home/scripts; XYZ_TsfFromAtoB.ksh')

I read somewhere that the commands must be included in one set of single quotes and then separated by a semicolon (as I have above) but I am still getting the response that the command is not found. By the way, these commands work when I putty into the environment and run the .ksh file manually.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back