Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RunningSum function in Desktop Intelligence 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt27

MIS
Jun 2, 2004
GB
I have a report broken down by a group called "range group" and then within this by a take on period. The report shows new business by take on period for each group, payments after month 1, month 2, etc for each take on period and the payments as a percentage of the new business. Part of each batch of new business may be written off at certain points in time. I therefore need to know the payments as a percentage of the new business less write offs. I have created a running sum field to calculate new business for each take on period. However, it seems to calculate it for each take on period all the way through every group. For example, if range group A had new business of £50 in March 06 and range group B had new business of £25 in March 06 I would want to see the running sum for range group B to be £25 but the report is showing £75. My formula currently says "=RunningSum(<Net Instructed Val(£)>;<Take on Period>)". I want it to calculate based on the take on period AND range group. Is it possible to have a running sum on 2 variables in Desktop Intelligence?

How about:
Code:
=RunningSum(<Net Instructed Val(£)>;<Range group>,<Take on Period>).

Ties Blom

This works exactly the way I want it to. Thank you very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back