Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running VBS script before backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nummus

Technical User
Jul 8, 2001
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to run a VBS script before a backup. I've tried running it in the execute before backup tab and get a "could not start" error.

I've looked at the documentation and it only mentions batch files, does BE have the capability to run vbs scripts in the same way ?

Thanks Paul.

Paul,
We run a batch file that runs the script.

Tranman
(also a Paul)

Thanks thats the route i took as well.

Paul.

yeah, same here.

MyBatch.bat

contains

wscript myscript.vbs

Hi all

We have veritas 9.1 running on win server 2003, backing up to a quantum valueloader (8tapes)
We have the backup running fine for mon, Tue Wed but the user wants to bring the Thur night tape off site on Friday morning. (will replace with previous Thur tape and every 4th week will archive it)

We do not what the user to work on the veritas interface.
We want the unit to eject the Thur tape after it backs up, so the user can remove it and replace it.

Anybody got any idea how we could do this ? I am thinking a script could do it ?

Any help would be great

Thanks
George

godowd... would setting up different jobs complete this (within Veritas)? That would be my first approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back