Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running two different keyboards with Win 2K - is it possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

barriel41

Technical User
Feb 26, 2001
GB
Dear all

I work in a college library. I have been asked to set up a PC with a special keyboard for a special needs student. the problem is this:

I can set the PC up with the new keyboard no problem (it requires its own driver). However, if you remove the keyboard and replace it with a standard PS/2 keyboard the PC does not recognise the standard keyboard until the special driver is uninstalled.

This is a lot of hassle to set up for one single student - however current UK legislation requires us to do so.I am sure there is a simpler way however.

Does anyone know of a simple way to run two different keyboards under Win2K without having to install/uninstall drivers each time?

TIA

All the best

Barrie

Barrie

You should ask the supplier of the keyboard for a fix or a tool to switch, they usually have something to make life easier, as that was the first aim of the special keyboard, I assume s-)

HTH
TonHu

>Does anyone know of a simple way to run two different >keyboards under Win2K without having to install/uninstall >drivers each time?

Use a USB keyboard for the normal keyboard, and you should be able to use both keyboards at the same time.

Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back