Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Totals .... Please Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosti

Programmer
Mar 5, 2002
US
have three group by levels. I have a grand total section.In the grand total i have a sum(Salary) of a field salary. In each of the groupby footers i have a field as groupby3 Salary sum,groupby2 salary sum and groupby salary sum. I use a running total to capture the exact sum of salaries in each groupby footer. I have another field in ewach of the groupby footers next to this salary sum field which sum(salary)/grandtotalsum . The numerator is sum of salary field in each groupby footer(i use running total for this).The denominator is the sum from ReportFooter Grand total(total of all salaries in the report). I used a running total for this too. When i use The above formula, the value output is wrong. What i feel is the groupby footer is not able to see the whole value of grand total sum.It calcultes the sum till that footer and divides the value. How shd i solve this? GrpBy1 Expected What I Get
Salary
Footer groupby1 15 0.416666667 1(=15/15)
21 0.583333333 0.583333333(21/36)
Report footer 36 (15+21)

Rosti - are you in the right forum? What report tool are you using? Show us your SQL....

"Business conventions are important because they demonstrate how many people a company can operate without."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back