Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Totals for 3 Different Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmt4cats

Programmer
Jun 26, 2001
US
I am using Crystal Info 7.5. I am trying to get the running totals for 3 separate groups. I have the running totals for the report by region, I now also need the running totals for each state and each city. Can I do this in the same report so I do not need to use subreports. I know I can do this with subreports, but I feel the report will run more efficiently if I can avoid subreports.

Thank you for any help.

I assume you mean State within Region, and City within State, and that you have those 3 groups set up in the order Region-State-City.

If so, yes you can do this in the same report without subreports. Are you using automatic running totals or variables? If you are using variables you will need a separate variable name for each running total, and a separate reset. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back