Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running total or summary field can't be created!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2004
US
i have a report thats grouped by engineer, then by the calls he's made. i'm trying to work out if he fixed the machine first time around. i have a disctinct count of a field which is different for every event attached to a call number. i cant then create a formula to say if = 1 then 1 else 0 but it wont let me sum the 1's up to work out a % against all his jobs

please help

hi
try this
(Countcalls)/enginner)*100

pgtek

You can use variables. Create three formulas:

//{@reset} to be placed in the engineer group header:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar sumdcnt := 0;

//{@accum} to be placed in the Calls group header or footer:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar sumdcnt := sumdcnt + {@yourdistinctcountformula};

//{@display} to be placed in the Engineer group footer:
whileprintingrecords;
numbervar sumdcnt;

-LB

LB thanks that works almost perfectly but where its creating a running total for everything, i only want it to sum up if the engineer fixed it at the first time of asking, i.e. when the distinct count is = 1 and ignore anything else

cheers

and how come when i try to work out a percentage it bring sup 1 for every engineer?

display/distinctcount call number = 1 ??

cheers

no idea how but the same formula now works out a percentage and i pointed your accum formula towards another one and it all works perfectly

thanks again LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back