Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Total of Group summaries of one field

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaHawk

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
US
Hey all ...need some help in what I thought would a pretty simple running total. Need to do a running total of open calls (which would be considered a backlog).

Group1: Week Week 1
Group2: Team CC
Group3: Emps Smith 20 cases 10 open 3 closed
Jones 21 cases 4 open 4 closed
CC Totals for Week 41 14 7

What I want to do is for the next week add make a running total for the open cases so it would be like this:

Group1: Week Week 2
Group2: Team CC
Group3: Emps Smith 10 cases (4) 14 open 9 closed
Jones 21 cases (6) 10 open 7 closed
CC Totals for Week 31 24 16

The #'s in () will not need to be show - just there to demostrate what I need to add to the running total.
The groups are summing 1's and 0's from a stored proc.

I guess I will have to create a while loop if unable to create one for this. Thanks in advance!!

Your report layout means that you'd have to do a running total where you selected {table.open}, count, and then evaluated using a formula:

{table.emp} = Smith

Reset never. And then you'd need to repeat for Jones, and all other employees (if that's what "emp" stands for).

The weekly totals would have a reset on change of week, and no evaluation criteria.

If you could, it might be easier to change the groups so that team was group 1, employees was group 2 and week was group 3. Then your running totals for backlog at the employee level could just be reset on change of employee name or ID, without the need for the individualized evaluation formulas. Then you could create a crosstab for weekly data to display at the report footer level probably, using {table.week} as a row, and {table.open} as the summary field.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back