Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running total in crosstab wring for first cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndah

MIS
Dec 3, 2009
GB
I have a running total in the detail section of a crystal 2008 report. It is reset for each person / day reported in the crosstab. The issue is that the first entry in the cross tab has incorrect value for the running total. It shows the last value in the detail section for the running total. That is for a different person / day than the cross tab cell
Any ideas how I can get the first cell correct?
All other data is correct

I don't follow this, and it seems no one else does either.

Please clarify. Crosstabs are one thing and running totals something completely different.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

My report is based on data for pickers in a warehouse. It is to log when they move from one floor to another. Each detail record is when they pick from a location and it has the floor that the location is on and so the running total is only evaluated if the record satisfies certain conditions. The cross tab has pickers names as rows and date as the columns. The running total is the summarised field in the cross tab.

It is correct for all names / dates apart from the first one in the crosstab. If I put the running total on a detail line that is always correct - even for the first group for crosstab

You need to explain exactly how the running total is set up, especially if you are using formulas in the evaluation or reset section.

-LB

A running total will have different values, depending on where it is displayed. That's its nature, to total only what has been printed already.

I suspect you've put the Crosstab at the end and therefore get the final value of the Running Total rather than the one you want.

The use of Crystal's automated totals is outlined at FAQ767-6524. Options include totals that are cleared and begun again for a group, and possibly this would suit your needs better.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back