Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running total in chart 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nre

Technical User
Jul 6, 2003
GB
I am using crystal reports 8 to display the number of faults open at the end of every month in a helpdesk system. I have a calculated field that counts the number of faults opened and subtracts the number closed depending on the value of a transction field and then groups on the transaction date on a monthlly basis and uses a running total to show the total number of faults remaining open at the end of each month. This is all working fine however when I come to chart this the number of new-closed faults plots fine but the running total plots as it would if I put the field in the group header i.e. it sums the previous groups and the first value of the new group. Is there any way to change the running total plot to calculate as it does when the field is placed in the footer i.e sum all the values up to that point?

Cheers

NRE

Hi,

Can you send me an example .rpt? I'll throw it into the debugger and see if it is a 'charting issue' or a 'crystal formatting issue'.

If its the former I can probably tell you how to fix it, since we make the charting library Crystal uses. If its the latter then you'll maybe need to talk to Crystal Tech support (my knowledge of how to build complex fields in Crystal is pretty lacking).

Regards,

Dan Weingart
Three D Graphics, Inc.
danw@threedgraphics.com

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back