Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running the JNI demo in SCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdnsatl

Programmer
Dec 7, 2011
US
I'm running SCO 5.0.7 and I'm trying to get the JNI to C demo to work (from /usr/java/demo/native/jni_c_demo).

Everything compiles fine, but when I first went to execute the program, I got the following error:

UDK executable cannot load OpenServer shared object (referencing the created libfib.so)

I did some digging around before posting and found this thread here:

I ran /udk/usr/ccs/bin/elfmark -t udk libfib.so, and that seemed to resolve that particular problem. Next however, came a familiar error:

java relocation error: symbol not found: _runtime_env: referenced in libfib.so.

When I was first trying to get JNI working on SCO, I had written my own code, compiled it with gcc, and gotten that same error message. It was when I was looking into that original error that I found out that you apparently can't use gcc to compile code for using JNI - you have to use UDK.

SO what am I doing wrong here? Is there some additional configuration required such that UDK actually becomes usable in this capacity?

The cc command resides at /usr/ccs/bin/cc on my SCO installation. Is that problematic? From looking at the source of mk in the demo code, it looks like that indicates I'm not using the correct cc, however, I don't have cc at /udk/usr/ccs/bin. If that's the problem, what do I need to install to fix it? From looking at the software manager, I've got the following things installed:

Java 2 Software Development Kit (1.4.2Cc)
OpenServer Release 5.0.7 Maintenance Pack 3 (1.0.0Hc)
UDK Compatibility Libraries (1.0.0Hc)

If I need to include any other versions, let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tried that and it didn't resolve my problem. From looking at the packages themselves, it seems like I'm missing the install corresponding to uccs (which actually contains the UDK C compiler). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Unixware and Openserver Development kit, but I get different errors depending on how I try it.

The first method I tried was:

pkgadd -d /mnt udk

Everything goes fine until it gets to the uccs package, and then I get the following error:

## Executing preinstall script
/mnt/uccs/install/preinstall: 13475 memory fault: core dump

ERROR: Licensing input cancelled

If I try installing it through the software manager, it never gets past the status of copying files from media (I let it run for close to 24 hours and it never did anything).

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back