Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulSe

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
ZA
I'm sitting with a 9 client, one Win2k server network.

The network is running perfectly, but I'm having a problem with task scheduling. I've scheduled tasks to run on all the clients and they only run if the task creator is logged in. If anyone else logs in, the taks apparently still attempts to run, but not successfully. When checking the status of the task it says "Last Result: 0x3"

I've tried changing the security on the tasks as well as the settings in my GPs, but still no luck. Could it have something to do with the "run as" setting? I've set it to run the task as the administrator.

Thank you for any help!

What kind of task is being run? Does the task reference any part of the users profile or environment? Kevin Mattson
MCP

I think you've got it! The task runs a small executable which forces the user to logoff.

The idea I had was to schedule this task to run after x amount of idle time, thus logging off users who forget to do it themselves.

This is a real headache, because w2k server only has the option to disconnect a session, but not log users off who forget to do so themselves. Isn't there any way I could get this task to run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back