Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Sum from Crosstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbey77

Technical User
Aug 6, 2004
US
Hi,

My initial crosstab is as thus:
TRANSFORM Sum([ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt].Quantity) AS SumOfQuantity
SELECT [ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt].Hub_Name, [ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt].Kit_No, Sum([ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt].Quantity) AS [Total Of Quantity]
FROM [ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt]
WHERE ((([ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt].AdjustedSurgeryDate) Between #6/1/2014# And #8/1/2014#))
GROUP BY [ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt].Hub_Name, [ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt].Kit_No
PIVOT [ct AllCallsAdjSurgDt].AdjustedSurgeryDate;

Now I need a second query, whereby I have the exact same column headings as the above CT (2 months worth of data currently but will grow) but for each date I need the sum of the current column plus the next 3 columns. The Dates have been adjusted to eliminate weekends.

The absolute final result is a union of these two crosstabs.

Clear as mud?

Thanks for your help!

C

That is correct, I am aggregating across dates, but the dates are not sequential due to the removal of the weekends.

This seems like a really odd request to sum across a group of 4 dates. Can we assume this could be Mon-Thu or Tue-Fri or Wed-Mon?

I think one solution would begin with a table of dates (minus weekends) with an autonumber field [DateID] to number the records chronologically from the earliest to the maximum latest date. This would allow you to do a cartesian type join to sum where the [DateID] is between [DateID] and [DateID] - 3.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Hello,

First, thanks for the help, and I will give that a shot. To appease your curiosity, 4 business days is the accepted cycle time of a kit going out and coming back, therefore to best determine peak demand, you have to sum 4 days consecutively over time to come up with how many kits are actually out at any given time.

Cheers,

C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back