Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running stored procedure from Session Pre-SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcan

IS-IT--Management
Sep 15, 2004
US
I am experiencing difficulties running a stored procedure from the Session Pre-SQL option.
The stored procedure needs to run pre-session against my target table and the procedure needs to have a variable passed into it. For this reason I can't run the stored procedure from the mapping (Informatica says pre session procedures cannot pass variables).
Here are the steps I have performed:
1. In my target table created stored procedure AE_DELETE()
Proedure AE_DELETE (snapshot varchar2
BEGIN
delete from table where column_name = snapshot;
END;
2. In the mapping I created a parameter $$snapshot with a
default value of 'CA163'
3. In the session at the Pre-SQL option I attempted to run
the procedure: AE_DELETE($$snapshot)

When I run the session, the error log denotes the following:
MN_1022 [ae_delete('CA163')
ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement

From the log it appears that the variable value is being correctly passed into the procedure but the syntax I am using in the Pre-SQL is incorrect.
What do I need to enter in the Pre-SQL to have the procedure run correctly? I would like to run the procedure rather than entering in "delete from table.." in the Pre-SQL, I have successfully executed this procedure from SQL plus and I have looked into the Informatica mannual for proper naming conventions for executing procedures.
Any information you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back