Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Screensavers within Powerpoint Presentations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deefer

Technical User
Oct 9, 2001
AU
I want the first slide to feature the animated green numbers that appear at the start of The Matrix. I have what I need in a screensaver is there any way I can convert a .scr file to an .avi file and run it within a powerpoint presentation??

A .scr is a specially encoded .exe. Windows 2000 natively allows you to run a .scr by just clicking it. Win 9x allows you to do the same if you add SCR as a program type in win.ini.

Capturing the screen saver as it runs is like capturing any other executable. You do need an application to do the capturing, though. In order to capture more detail and at a faster rate, you may need to record your screen saver at 640x480 resolution. Here are some resources for such a utility (no specific recommendations)...

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back