Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running saved 2-table query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiminy

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
US
I created a 2 table query using a data model. It ran at the time I created it. Then I saved it for future editing and use, but when I try to call it up, I get the msg "Expecting consistent number of columns in all rows of table" The related Help, says it may have an incorrect # of pipe symbols in the query definition.
Well, there is no corresponding sql to reference or any other way that I know to look at the "query definition"
Further info: When I can see the query the first time, the key field in the upper part says join! (note exclamation point), while the lower says just join. I tried to vary these before saving, but that didn't seem to do anything either.

You can open the query file (i.e. queryName.qbe) with any text editor. All joins should be preceeded by an underscore character. Pipes begin, end, and separate all fields:

Code:
myTable1.db  | myField1      | myField2 |
             | Check, _join1 | Check    |

myTable2.db  | myField1      | myField3 |
             | _join1        | Check    |

Mac :)

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world... those who understand binary and those who don't"

langley_mckelvy@cd4.co.harris.tx.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back