Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running reports programmatically using an API call

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcaninc

Programmer
Mar 4, 2005
US
Hi

My company is looking at Informatica and during this tire kicking phase I have been asked to see if I can do two things, the first is to call an existing informatica report from an outside program and also to try and customize one at run time. I was hoping that there would be an API for reporting that I would be able to use to accomplish this and some documentation/examples. I assume that this is possible. Can anyone give me the heads up on where I can find out how to do this. The ability to do this is one of the basic requirements we have for our ETL tool.

thanks,
Robin

The ETL tool does not include reporting. Are you talking about the Power Analyzer package?

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

I have a Metadata Exchange SDK ver 7.1. I am not exactly certain what comprises the Power Analyzer package I am afraid. Does this answer the question?

Thanks.

The SDK only let's you query the meta repository. What reports are you looking at? Or is this just a requirement of yours? I haven't seen an ETL tool that supplies any reports. They do have some views that allow you to query the meta data.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back