Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running reports in Symantec System Center console

Status
Not open for further replies.

swasser

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
US
Hello all-

Does anyone know how to run automated reports in Symentc System Center console for NAV CE 8.5? I am trying to accomplish this without installing the SESA add-in. I would like to know which computers on our NAV CE server have outdated virus definitions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stanley

Symantec System Center does not have any report functionality. You have to use the logs or query the registry. If you use the SSC the logs will be delimited so you can import them into Access, MySQL, Excel or just about anythning like that.

Sesa is going to be the best bet to get good reporting out of the product.

I have written a batch file to go out and gather this information for me. I run it weekly. Will be happy to share if that would help.

HTH - Stiddy

Thank you, that would be a great start if you could share that batch file.

@echo off

ping %1
ping %1 >ping_output.txt
@findstr "timed out" ping_output.txt && echo *****%1 TIMED OUT*********>> D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\unreachable.log && GOTO END
@findstr /C:"find host" ping_output.txt && echo *****%1 Host Unknown*********>> D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\unreachable.log && GOTO END
GOTO GETDATES

:GETDATES
IF EXIST \\%1\tivoli$\progra~1\common~1\symant~1\virusd~1\definfo.dat (
@findstr /L /B "CurDefs=" \\%1\tivoli$\progra~1\common~1\symant~1\virusd~1\definfo.dat | d:\tools\cut -c 9-16 > D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\definfo_tiv.dat && for /f "tokens=1-2" %%b in (D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\definfo_tiv.dat) do echo %1 %%b >> D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\wks_nav_dates.txt && del D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\definfo_tiv.dat && wait 1 && GOTO END
) ELSE (GOTO GETDATES2)

:GETDATES2
IF EXIST \\%1\d$\progra~1\common~1\symant~1\virusd~1\definfo.dat (
@findstr /L /B "CurDefs=" \\%1\d$\progra~1\common~1\symant~1\virusd~1\definfo.dat | d:\tools\cut -c 9-16 > D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\definfo_d.dat && for /f "tokens=1-2" %%b in (D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\definfo_d.dat) do echo %1 %%b >> D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\wks_nav_dates.txt && del D:\scripts\symantec\Check_wks_dates\BATCH\definfo_d.dat && wait 1 && GOTO END
)

:END

I have to different workstation images out there. Some have a tivoli$ share and the others use default d$ share. So you would most likely only need the first subroutine and change tivoli$ to c$ or whatever your share is. I run this weekly on about 5000 machines. Takes a while but I then import it into excel and sort for virus definition dates. I hope this will help you get started. Feel free to ask any questions about the code.

HTH - Stiddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back