Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Paradox 3.5 on a Windows 98 machine with a 10 GB plus HD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

billrm

Technical User
Mar 7, 2013
US
thread177-1654366
I am just a user not really a software expert. I have an application running in Paradox 3.5 that chokes because the hard drive is too large. Michael Kennedy in Ireland has written a program called lessspace.com that solves the problem. I'm now running version 4.0 of Lesspace.com.

Here's what I do: (there is likely an easier way but this works). I put Lesspace.com in the PDOX35 Directory. Then start the PC in Windows 98, go to my PDox35 directory and click on PD.bat. This is a simply batch file with three commands:
lesspace
paradox
lesspace /u

This loads lesspace which fools the computer into allowing Paradox 3.5 to run. Without lessspace, a failure occurs.
I have loved Paradox 3.5 for about twenty years and I'm delighted I can still run it. This may not work on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine, but I think it will likely work on a Windows XP system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back